Act 451 of 1994

324.20116 Transfer of interest in real property; notice; certification; disclosure of restrictions.

Sec. 20116.

(1) A person who has knowledge or information or is on notice through a recorded instrument that a parcel of his or her real property is a facility shall not transfer an interest in that real property unless he or she provides written notice to the purchaser or other person to which the property is transferred that the real property is a facility and discloses the general nature and extent of the release.

(2) The owner of real property for which a notice required in subsection (1) has been recorded may, upon completion of all response activities for the facility as approved by the department, record with the register of deeds for the appropriate county a certification that all response activity required in an approved remedial action plan has been completed.

(3) A person shall not transfer an interest in real property unless the person fully discloses any land or resource use restrictions that apply to that real property as a part of remedial action that has been or is being implemented in compliance with section 20120a.

History: 1994, Act 451, Eff. Mar. 30, 1995 ;--Am. 1995, Act 71, Imd. Eff. June 5, 1995 .

Popular Name: Act 451

Popular Name: Act 307

Popular Name: Environmental Response Act

Popular Name: Environmental Remediation

© 2003 Legislative Council, State of Michigan

The Michigan Legislature Website is a free service of the Legislative Internet Technology Team in cooperation with the Michigan Legislative Council, the Michigan House of Representatives, and the Michigan Senate.

The information obtained from this site is not intended to replace official versions of that information and is subject to revision. The Legislature presents this information, without warranties, express or implied, regarding the information's accuracy, timeliness, or completeness. If you believe the information is inaccurate, out-of-date, or incomplete or if you have problems accessing or reading the information, please send your concerns to the appropriate agency using the online Comment Form.

Please call the Michigan Law Library at (517) 373-0630 for legal reference questions.

Privacy Policy | Copyright Infringement Policy | Acceptable Use Policy