Tittabawassee River Watch Editorial Back to editorial page
Richard Maltby, 02/26/08,
Letter to TRW
TRW Current News
Re: Human health effects of dioxins and furans
Regarding Ann Doyle’s, Saginaw County Commissioner District 13,
letter, "Adjust dioxin studies, clean up,"
published by The Saginaw News February 25, 2008, I would suggest that she and
other interested readers of her letter consult the following references for
information concerning the human health effects of dioxins and furans:
- "Health Assessment Document for Polychlorinated Dibenzo-p-dioxins."
1985. Office of Health and Environmental Assessment. U.S. Environmental
- "Exposure and Human Health Reassessment of
2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-Dioxin (TCDD) and Related Compounds." 1994.
Office of Research and Development, and National Center for Environmental
Assessment. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- "Overall Evaluation of Carcinogenicity to Humans." 2002. IARC
Monographs, Volumes 1-82. International Agency for Research on Cancer
- "Health Risks from Dioxin and Related Compounds: Evaluation of the EPA
Reassessment." 2006. National Research Council
- "Dioxins and their effects on human health." 2007. Fact Sheet No. 225.
World Health Organization
Richard A. Maltby
Back to editorial page